Click to download the conference programme:
The list of abstracts for the presentations is here:
ACS 2021 is a hybrid event, with delegates from Qld meeting at the Toowoomba campus, and delegates from elsewhere in the world joining us in the live-streaming event.
A Google Drive folder has been created which allows editing permissions for anyone with a Google account. The link to the folder will be emailed to all registered delegates. We will use this for:
- Sharing of PowerPoint slides by presenters (if they wish)
- Sharing of other content by delegates
Venue Information for delegates travelling to Toowoomba
- The conference will be held at the Toowoomba campus of University of Southern Queensland. [Campus map: ]
- Parking is free on the USQ Toowoomba campus unless otherwise signed. At the time of the conference, the large car parks noted on the map will have ample space.
- The Welcome Reception will be held in the Dining Hall of McGregor College at University of Southern Queensland.
- The conference will begin on Monday with a Welcome to Country in the Gumbi Gumbi Gardens . https://www.usq.edu.au/about-usq/locations/toowoomba/gumbi-gumbi-gardens
- The sessions will be held in Q block .
- The plenary sessions will be held in Room A (Q402) , and Room B (Q501) .
- Breaks will be held in the space outside Q501.
Information for online delegates
- The live streaming will be using Zoom. A link to the Zoom event will be emailed to all registered delegates.
- The Zoom meeting will have breakout rooms which you will be able to navigate between:
- One each for the Sponsors and Exhibitors
- One each when there are parallel sessions
- During break times, one per speaker from the previous session for follow-up conversations
- During break times, a number of rooms will be available for general group discussions
- The live streaming on Zoom will not be recorded.
Banquet Information for all delegates
The banquet will be held at Picnic Point, which is located at 164 Tourist Rd, Toowoomba 4350. Picnic Point offers spectacular views of the Lockyer Valley and is one of the highlights of a visit to Toowoomba. https://picnic-point.com.au/
Live streaming using the main Zoom meeting will occur during the banquet. This will include our Section’s biennial Awards Ceremony.